About Me

My photo
Midwest, United States
I am a first-born female over age 60. I am middle class, and have a graduate degree in Business. I have over 28 continuous years in recovery from alcoholism. I have been in Borderline treatment for over 14 years. I still have not reached full-time Serenity, but I have continued to survive this disorder using distress tolerance skills, interpersonal effectiveness, mindfulness, and emotion regulation. These are the 4 components of the DBT Skills as devised by Dr. Marsha Linehan. Email me with any questions at amy@alawebpages.com. Many thanks and blessings for sharing my interest and broadening your awareness of this disorder.

featured on Blog Flux

Blog Directory by Blog Flux

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Epi-Phany

Hello and Good Evening. I had an epiphany today. Maybe God did not want me to help "further the economy" by working in the business world. Maybe that is not where I am to be effectively used. Climbing a corporate ladder, spiffing up my 401k, and helping a company's bottom line is not to be my concern any longer. But I got a Master's Degree --what OF that? So? Big deal. That counts for something. Somewhere. It has been rough to swallow that I am on Social Security Disability now--but it helps, and I have "earned" it.

Now I spend my days trying to find meaning. To do service work. To help others. To recover from everything that afflicts me. To carry the hope and message and my experience to those who still suffer. Hmm. It could be that my task for the remainder of my life is to help others on a more spiritual plane. To seek the truth about onesself, and how we got to where we are is a giant step in the evolving of our person, and mankind as a whole.

Sounds kinda cool. Then I DO count. I can share what I have learned, and help others that way. Sure, I will never know to what extent that I have made a difference...but it isn't really for us to know, is it? The One who knows is all whom is really concerned. We just do what we can, and try to help others help themselves. I will like what I have been given - even if it was not the original plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment