About Me

My photo
Midwest, United States
I am a first-born female over age 60. I am middle class, and have a graduate degree in Business. I have over 28 continuous years in recovery from alcoholism. I have been in Borderline treatment for over 14 years. I still have not reached full-time Serenity, but I have continued to survive this disorder using distress tolerance skills, interpersonal effectiveness, mindfulness, and emotion regulation. These are the 4 components of the DBT Skills as devised by Dr. Marsha Linehan. Email me with any questions at amy@alawebpages.com. Many thanks and blessings for sharing my interest and broadening your awareness of this disorder.

featured on Blog Flux

Blog Directory by Blog Flux

Monday, August 8, 2011

Changes



Changes are upon me. Life is fragile. Life is frail. 3 people in my life have been diagnosed with cancer. One is "cured"....two are unknown. Radiation and chemo are the treatments at the present. I myself was rushed to the hospital last week via ambulance. They thought I was having a heart attack. Two MRI's and a chest x-ray later...a hiatal hernia. I THOUGHT something was amiss. I have all the symptoms. And my pulse rate was only 40-43bpm. Taking too much Toprol. I felt like the quality of my life had really slipped to sub-zero. 

I am glad I am back on the road to better health. I am still at the gym 5 days per week, trying to staying limber and fit. 

My meditation book on addictions and Borderline Personality Disorder is completed. I am waiting for the 1st copy of it to come in the mail. I am excited. I have been working hard. It's been a very, VERY hot season this summer. I know that the winter will banish the memories of this scorching season. The economy is a mess, and some many people I know are going through personal problems right now. I pray for them that their discomfort eases up. 

Taking care of yourself is one of the most important things to do on a daily basis. I know. 

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete