About Me

My photo
Midwest, United States
I am a first-born female over age 60. I am middle class, and have a graduate degree in Business. I have over 28 continuous years in recovery from alcoholism. I have been in Borderline treatment for over 14 years. I still have not reached full-time Serenity, but I have continued to survive this disorder using distress tolerance skills, interpersonal effectiveness, mindfulness, and emotion regulation. These are the 4 components of the DBT Skills as devised by Dr. Marsha Linehan. Email me with any questions at amy@alawebpages.com. Many thanks and blessings for sharing my interest and broadening your awareness of this disorder.

featured on Blog Flux

Blog Directory by Blog Flux

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Changing Seasons (Summer's Over) :-(


Hello again. It is definitely Fall in the Midwest. The weather is cooler, damper, rainy, dreary and the Colts are going to have a terrible season (more than likely). It is a time for change in a lot of things: heavier clothing, drab colors, and the upcoming HOLIDAYS. Who in their right mind thinks about the holidays this soon? (I do) I try to stay in the present, and not anticipate something that is a possible downer. 


Staying busy is important. Staying productive and doing something worthwhile gives me a sense of purpose and accomplishment. This is very important to me. I try to be creative. There is good in everything, and if I want it to be summer all the time...I should move to the tropics. Since that is not going to happen, I try to like what I have where I am.

Taking care of my body and physical well-being is a must. It can be a time where the aches and pains flair up. Plenty of exercise, vitamins, and water. No junk food. It can be a time of relapsing if suffering from an addiction. Make sure that your recovery program is in good working order. Time to keep putting into our spiritual banks. This is the time of year when it is so easy to "overdraw" the account when you least expect it.

I will try to stay tuned more frequently as we get frost on the pumpkins!

No comments:

Post a Comment