About Me

My photo
Midwest, United States
I am a first-born female over age 60. I am middle class, and have a graduate degree in Business. I have over 28 continuous years in recovery from alcoholism. I have been in Borderline treatment for over 14 years. I still have not reached full-time Serenity, but I have continued to survive this disorder using distress tolerance skills, interpersonal effectiveness, mindfulness, and emotion regulation. These are the 4 components of the DBT Skills as devised by Dr. Marsha Linehan. Email me with any questions at amy@alawebpages.com. Many thanks and blessings for sharing my interest and broadening your awareness of this disorder.

featured on Blog Flux

Blog Directory by Blog Flux

Monday, December 26, 2011

The Devil Walks to Earth, and I have Seen Evidence of him.

Hello. I have made it through the last 3+ weeks, with more stress than I have ever imagined possible. Mom's returned from her trip, and all the undoings of the mess her husband died and left her in....is almost in insurmountable nightmare. I had to get a lawyer. Blocked all phone calls from family. There is so much meanness, dishonesty, cruelty in my stepfather's family towards my mother that I never thought it was possible to come from people who profess themselves to be devout Christians. I am changing out all the players in the financial area who have contributed to this fiasco. They all appeared to be in clandestine collaboration. My mother is holding together by a thead. I am now her Power/Medical power of attorney, have access to everything, and make all final decisions for her. Not that she is incapacitated...because she does not have a business mind, nor does she remember things accurately. When she and her huband married, my Mother has 75% of the wealth. When her husband died, he had 85% of the wealth. Where did her money do? How did he acquire so much wealth as a retired person? We have uncovered so much lies, deceipt and shady transactions...all uknown to my mother. I feel God is testing me, and my abilities in recovery. So, I guess I am up to it. My life has been living, breathing, and working on this situation. I am eating and sleeping right, and meditating when I can. But, I have NEVER been through anythinglike this in my lifetime. Ever. I cried thru Christmas Eve service. I feel so much sadness for my family. I feel that the weight of the world is on me. This too shall pass. I need a lot of prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment