About Me

My photo
Midwest, United States
I am a first-born female over age 60. I am middle class, and have a graduate degree in Business. I have over 28 continuous years in recovery from alcoholism. I have been in Borderline treatment for over 14 years. I still have not reached full-time Serenity, but I have continued to survive this disorder using distress tolerance skills, interpersonal effectiveness, mindfulness, and emotion regulation. These are the 4 components of the DBT Skills as devised by Dr. Marsha Linehan. Email me with any questions at amy@alawebpages.com. Many thanks and blessings for sharing my interest and broadening your awareness of this disorder.

featured on Blog Flux

Blog Directory by Blog Flux

Sunday, January 29, 2012

New Year's Struggles

Happy New Year. I made it through the holidays....but with a lot of tears, angst and unhappiness. Continuing to grapple with an estate belonging to my newly-widowed, befuddled mother, and step-children chomping at the bit to make all sorts of difficulties for her. Greedy, self-righteous, pentecostal, religious hypocrites.


I struggle. It never seems to get easier. One foot in front of the other. Doing the next right thing. Letting go, and grabbing on for survival from self-destruction. Meetings, classes, meditation group, therapy. When will I ever graduate?

I pray and meditate. Life shouldn't be such a struggle. And to have to admit to myself that I CHOSE this Life's path. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment