About Me

My photo
Midwest, United States
I am a first-born female over age 60. I am middle class, and have a graduate degree in Business. I have over 28 continuous years in recovery from alcoholism. I have been in Borderline treatment for over 14 years. I still have not reached full-time Serenity, but I have continued to survive this disorder using distress tolerance skills, interpersonal effectiveness, mindfulness, and emotion regulation. These are the 4 components of the DBT Skills as devised by Dr. Marsha Linehan. Email me with any questions at amy@alawebpages.com. Many thanks and blessings for sharing my interest and broadening your awareness of this disorder.

featured on Blog Flux

Blog Directory by Blog Flux

Monday, June 4, 2012

Calm after the Storm

Good afternoon.  Well, I have had about 3 weeks of quiet as the decision to the lawsuit to which I have been involved for four months (it has been in behalf of my mother).   It was time to return to my life.  In the recent seven months, I have been living much to much at the needs and whims of my mother.  A 4th Step in AA, and much input from my Al-Anon sponsor has produced a "mindfully-written" letter to my mother explaining my needs:  what I can and will not do in the future.  I feel a load lifted off of me.   

No comments:

Post a Comment