About Me

My photo
Midwest, United States
I am a first-born female over age 60. I am middle class, and have a graduate degree in Business. I have over 28 continuous years in recovery from alcoholism. I have been in Borderline treatment for over 14 years. I still have not reached full-time Serenity, but I have continued to survive this disorder using distress tolerance skills, interpersonal effectiveness, mindfulness, and emotion regulation. These are the 4 components of the DBT Skills as devised by Dr. Marsha Linehan. Email me with any questions at amy@alawebpages.com. Many thanks and blessings for sharing my interest and broadening your awareness of this disorder.

featured on Blog Flux

Blog Directory by Blog Flux

Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Why Me? Why This? Invalidation Kills

It has been a horrible day of misunderstandings.  I am excluded from a day-trip because my significant other could not allow me to take care of myself, and try to pull myself out of a mood....that was exacerbated by this person.  I was just expected to "pull myself together" and fly right.  Borderline doesn't work that way.  It takes time to return to base level.  He has mental illness.  Do I tell him to "just get over it?"  No, I don't.  I have withdrawn.  I don't know how long I will stay beyond reach.  I feel that I am trapped.  I cannot get out because I can't financially qualify for places on my own.  What a hard spot to be in!  I am not happy.  I want to be invisible.

No comments:

Post a Comment