About Me

My photo
Midwest, United States
I am a first-born female over age 60. I am middle class, and have a graduate degree in Business. I have over 28 continuous years in recovery from alcoholism. I have been in Borderline treatment for over 14 years. I still have not reached full-time Serenity, but I have continued to survive this disorder using distress tolerance skills, interpersonal effectiveness, mindfulness, and emotion regulation. These are the 4 components of the DBT Skills as devised by Dr. Marsha Linehan. Email me with any questions at amy@alawebpages.com. Many thanks and blessings for sharing my interest and broadening your awareness of this disorder.

featured on Blog Flux

Blog Directory by Blog Flux

Friday, February 22, 2019

A Good, Coasting Lull


The last six months have been very informative, self-introspective and body-strengthening for myself.  twelve hours per week at the gym.  Many supplements ingested per day.  Meditating and yoga.  Zumba.  Staying active.  Staying calm.  Even in adversity.  This is all promoting wellness and wholeness within my being.  I am speaking my truth.  I am standing my ground.  I am saying "no" more often than not.  My determination to stay free of disease, and to stay away from of "dis-ease" are of paramount importance to me.  They are my priority.  It appears to be serving me well.  

I turned 65 this month. What a milestone!  How did I get here?  Answer:  "One healthy day-at-a-time".  I am blessed.  I am helping others to achieve good mental health as well.  My days are busy.  My life is full.  I have for the most part rid my life of toxic people who did not validate me.  I have had enough of being an invalid of invalidation.

I published the eBook of "Destiny of Detours" in October 31, 2018.  I published the print copy of the same book on November 1, 2017.  I am due to speak to a consortium of therapists on March 20, 2020 about the topic of Borderline Personality Disorder in a 5-hour presentation.  I am enjoying pulling this much-needed and highly informative discussion together.  I have a year to do this.  Ordering information is at the following link:
http://bit.ly/2zUlhkW for both the print/ebook versions.

Life is good.  My mood is good.  I have a purpose.  I am still searching for parts of my Higher Purpose.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment